Home Warranty Coverage does you know the purpose of a home warranty well that’s what we’re going to be talking about today. I hope you will read this completely.
Today we’re gonna be talking about home warranty coverage, a lot of my first-time homebuyers have no idea what a home warranty is.
So today we’re gonna educate you a little bit about home warranty coverage and hope you take away some good pieces of information.
What Is A Home Warranty Do For You
- It creates stress-free repairs, you don’t have to worry about doing these repairs yourself.
- It covers major appliances and systems in your house. so your kitchen appliances, your AC your water heater, your plumbing & you’re electrical.
- It increases the value of your home. So basically when you have a home warranty in place you have been maintaining your home and making sure that it is protected.
- The home warranty covers many contractor visits. So the contractor visits can be anyone who specializes in AC units, water heaters, a kitchen appliances anything like that they would come and be able to evaluate and then fix whatever issue is going on.
There is usually a fee associated with the repair request, but that is something that you will get more into detail with whatever home warranty company that you decide to go with.
Plan Costs For A Home Warranty Company
So the plan costs for a home warranty company depend on what type of coverage you choose.
Either basic or the top level and also what type of property you have depending on if it’s like a condominium or if it’s a single-family, a townhome all those factors play into the cost of the plan.
Home Warranty Helps Protect Expensive Repairs
Basically a home warranty helps protect expensive unforeseen repairs that you’re gonna have to make in your home.
And it gives you that peace of mind that you are covered.
Difference Between Homeowners Insurance
Really quick I do want to dive into the difference between what a home warranty is and what homeowners insurance is.
Because you may be thinking that they’re similar and they’re totally different.
So homeowner’s insurance is usually something that’s required when you get a loan that you have to have on your house.
This protects you from fire, hailstorms, flood anything like that anything that happens to the house.
Whereas a home warranty covers specific mechanisms in the house such as an AC unit, kitchen appliances, the water heater etc.
And keep in mind whatever type of coverage you get is going to cover different things.
So make sure that you’re reading the fine print of whatever plan you decide to go with.
Process Of Purchasing A Home
Okay so what’s the next step, If you’re in the process of purchasing a home.
You can ask the seller to cover a home warranty for you, they may say no but at least you can ask.
You also have the option where you can pay for a home warranty yourself as well.
Find A Reputable Home Warranty Company
So what is the next step, you want to make sure that you find a reputable home warranty company.
Make sure you read the fine print understand exactly what you’re getting yourself into
- https://www.2-10.com (2-10 Warranty)
- https://www.orhp.com (Old Republic)
- https://www.ahs.com (American Home Shield)
So you can go ahead and head over to their websites, check out their coverages or different types of plans, and see which one would work best for you.
This article is very informative for you and I hope that you have understood about Home Warranty Coverage very well. Thank you or reading this article and please like & share this post on social media handles.